Rent-a-car &
Transfer service

Belgrade Airport - Nikola Tesla

 

 


International Airport Nikola Tesla Belgrade ( IATA: BEG, ICAO: LYBE ) is the largest air port in Serbia. Nikola Tesla Airport is also an important hub of the transport network in Beogradu. To airport can be reached by bus lines 72 ( green wreath - Nikola Tesla ) and A1 ( Slavija Square - Nikola Tesla ) . Named in honor of Nikola Tesla, the airport is located 12km west from the city center on the territory of the Belgrade municipality of Surcin.

 

Passengers during landing at the airport from the east have a view of downtown Belgrade , especially in the Cukarica and New Belgrade. Earlier , during bad weather conditions , the aircraft were rerouted to the airport in Niš Constantine the Great , which is located 230 km south of Belgrade. However, the end of 2005. , the CAT IIIb navigation system is introduced , so that the aircraft able to take off and land at the airport during the most fog day. Airport Nikola Tesla 's parent node Jat Airways , the national airline of the Republic of Serbia , charter and low cost companies Aviogenex airline Wizz Air . Air taxi company Air Pink , Jat Airways AVIO taxi, Prince Pelican Airways and Air Force considered Belgrade Airport for identification , as well as an air cargo company United International Airlines . Through the airport 2011th 3,124,633 passengers passed .. Belgrade "Nikola Tesla" Airport is ideally located in relation to other airports in the region , because there are no navigational restrictions and is at the crossroads of major air routes. Air routes and approaches are equipped with modern radio -navigation equipment .


Airport in Belgrade was created in 1910. Early in 1912. , at Banjici erected the first wooden hangar for aircraft intended for the war with Turkey . Two years later Banjici stationed Serbian airplane squadron and Balloon Company . Banjički airport was used after World War II for the mail traffic on the route Skopje - Nis - Belgrade - Novi Sad and Belgrade - Sarajevo - Mostar . Airport Kalemegdan - Lower Town is located on the stretch of the Turkish bath to the confluence of the Sava and Danube rivers. From this place the first aircraft took off in January 1911. year. In more recent times the area has been used for parachute jumping and flying paragliders. Today in this place regularly held meetings aero - sport and ultralight aviation . Airport near Pancevo began operating in 1923. year, when the airline " Franco - Rumen " launched an international line from Paris - Carigrad.Međunarodni airport "Airport " built on a meadow called suckling field between Bezanijska hair and left bank of the river , about a mile south of Zemun . The airport was opened to traffic in March in 1927. year. As of February in 1928. The new airport with planes taking off and the first domestic airline, " Aeroput ." In World War II , it was used by the Germans ,destroyed during the withdrawal of the German army in 1944. For the new location of the new airport was chosen place Surcin near Belgrade – today Airport Nikola Tesla.